The fully revised and updated must-have resource to help you become a supportive and assertive advocate for your child
In print for more than twenty years, The Misunderstood Child has become the go-to reference guide for families of children with learning disorders. This newly revised edition provides the latest research and new and updated content, including:
• How to identify and address specific disabilities, from dyslexia to sensory integration disorder
• New information on the genetics of learning disorders
• Expanded sections on attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
• The most recent neurological discoveries about how the brain functions in children with learning disabilities
• Insights about other neurological disorders common among individuals with learning disabilities, such as anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive behaviors, anger-control problems, depression, and tic disorders
• Resources, Web sites, and organizations that can aid the treatment process and offer support for both parent and child
If you use one of Kobo's free reading apps you won't need to worry about download options most of the time. Your Kobo reading app can easily add Kobo Store books to your library for a seamless reading experience.
Download options matter when:
You want to read your book on an eReader other than the Kobo eReader (see here for a list of supported eReaders).
The book you want is only available as an Adobe DRM PDF.
In both of these cases you will need to:
Download a copy of your book to your computer.
Open the book using a free application called Adobe Digital Editions.
You can also use Digital Editions to transfer the book to your eReader. See here for more information on Digital Editions.
You can read this item on your computer using our free Kobo Desktop Application. This application lets you read, manage your library of eBooks, and even shop for new ones. Check out our demo for more information!